View Single Post
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 21:09

Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/170/125 Female 65 inches
BF:?/?/18%
Progress:

My jumpstart was when a 'blind' aunt made a comment about my weight . . .
I started exercising in June, 2003. I was motivated when I attended my daughter's 5th grade promotion ceremony. She got an award for being athletic. Her coach said that part of the reason she got the award was that the family exercized todether. The problem was that we had not done so since November of last year! So, I began my exercise program in June.
I when to an out of town family reunion in the last week of June. I have an aunt who is diabetic, and losing her sight. I am 39, she is about 72. She used to be extremely overweight, but since her diagnosis several years ago, has lost a lot!!! of weight. She saw me through those diseased eyes and said, "You are getting fat! Have you gained weight?" I told her that I have, but I had just started an exercise program. She said, "Don't let yourself go like that! It's not worth it!" I knew that I was in denial about my weight and if a legally blind woman could tell that I had gained a lot of weight , then others could too. I restarted Atkins, and since then I have lost a lot of weight. My waist has gone from 40'' to 34.5" from June 28 to today!!! I won't get on the scale until I am at 34", then I can talk about the weight I have lost!

Thanks for the thread!