View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Wed, May-09-07, 14:25
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 267/259/220 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Right - It Never Ends (Hopefully)...

Hi Stace,

Yep. Program has been released (on April 6). Now preparing to work on the marketing of it, which will be a constant effort over a period of time. But at least the big pressure is off.

Quote:
How are you going with your weight loss to date now?

I've developed a new saying, "When the pressure is on, the pounds follow." So there has been a definite "negative" weight loss...

Right now my wife and I are on a cleansing program. It's Day 3, and I'm already losing weight, and - after the first day when I felt absolutely lousey - I'm feeling much better. When the cleanse is over I'm going to give CALP a try. If I don't see good results within 30 days, I'll be back to Schwarzbein.

Quote:
Im going ok. But feeling very similar to where I was last year. Tired, exhausted, sugar cravings, and trying to stick to SPI, but its hard. I have been living off caffeine (again) to me through, hi stress and sugar.

Patterns are really hard to break. (I have to laugh, because I'm telling this to a doctoral candidate in clinical psych. ) I truly have realized that it's not an eating issue, not an exercise issue, but it's a stress issue. If I'm under stress, I eat comfort food to compensate, and "don't have time" to exercise properly. Both of those decisions just add more stress.

So (for me, at least) it's not about trying to control the selection and quantity of food I eat, or the type of exercise I think I can stick with. It's all about breaking the stress cycle - that's the "strong man" I have to break.

I suspect that much the same is true for you - except your body craves exercise to break the stress to the extent that it creates even more stress.

It's all such a delicate balancing act!

My ultimate solution to the stress problem is to break it where it starts - in my head. Some time back I was given the idea for a style of meditation that perfectly meshes with the crazy pace we're living with today - especially those of us who spend a significant time in front of a computer display. That's what my program does - what I have come to call "Power Meditation for Christians". If you're a Windows user, you might give it a try (the Lite version is a free download, and it will run forever). You can read more about it - and download it - here.

Quote:
Im finding the sugar cravings are hard. What is your opinion on dark chocolate to curb a craving? (as in 85% cocoa and low in sugar)

I didn't like dark chocolate - until I started buying it for my wife. Then I tried it and got hooked. I have been eating a small piece for dessert with my evening meal. I still will get cravings for something to eat at bed time, so I'm not sure the chocolate is doing me good. (Maybe I need to eat more of it... ) From what I've read, chromium picolinate is perhaps more effective.

Quote:
Anyway, I have been thinking about taking time off uni, because of my exhaustion and emotional stress im going through right now. But it wont be seen as a good move by the university.

Let me get really blunt here. The university is not your friend - it is a means to get to where you want to go. You use the system to get what you want, and the system uses you for sustaining income and as material to produce a product. If you were to die tonight, your friends would miss you dearly - but the university would experience only a momentary hiccup.

So always do what is best for Stace's long-term good, and never, never do anything in the short term that will shorten the long term.

In other words, if you need time off, take it. All the knowledge you're gaining about psychology notwithstanding, the most valuable knowledge you need is how to properly take care of yourself. If you can use time off to learn how to break the stress, you'll be much further ahead.

Here's just a bit of perspective: What is the good of a system that purports to teach you how to take better care of the health of others, if that system doesn't care about the health of those it serves?

Okay. I'm stepping down off the soapbox.

I've gotta run. Do take care of yourself, and keep me posted. And consider trying my program.

Blessings,

-Don