View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 10:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 334/328/???
BF:
Progress:

kimnq4eva,
You talking about your aunts reminded me of being 12. My mom and great uncle used to harrass me and tell me to go scrub my neck, that I had missed it!!! No I hadn't, actually I was very aware of it and often tried to scrub it myself. There were a few times I remember having them tagteam scrub my neck. I was crying inside, even though I would never let them know.

I have found that the use of Vitamin E cream can help soften the patches a bit, but it has to be used daily for a few weeks before you see much change. I see it help more on my neck, but it also helps keep me from chaffing in the armpits during the summer.

My question for everyone is do any of you who have this darkening of the skin have skin tags? I have been told so many different reasons why I have them. So they go away after you LC for a while? Or with meds? I have noticed that they are popping up all over lately. It was one of the main reasons I decided to return to the LC lifestyle. I figured even if it just stopped new ones that would be good. I have them on my neck, between my breasts, and the worst place is the armpits. They are so thick I can't shave my pits. So I have been cutting my pit hair with scissors when it is long enough. I feel so uncomfortable with this that I hate to wear a swimsuit or anything else that may show any of my arms near my pits! These are gross. To top it off the dr told me to use some toenail clippers and clip them off. I can't-I'm not into self inflicted pain!!!! My aunt has tried to use the electrology machine to shrink them, but it took a LOT of heat. Any suggestions?????