View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-15, 22:02

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Mug-Cake frenzy!

I just discovered mug cakes a little over a week ago (for some reason the muffin-in-a-minute concept never grabbed me). I wanted a small treat, fast, yummy, for hubby and me. Found some recipes on the internet, and I just loved the concept---I've made mug cakes ("muggies") every night for the past week! Even found a book in the library on 101 mug cake recipes (not low carb, but I thought there might be some flavoring ideas I could use).

After tinkering with several recipes, I've come up with my own that I really like and is easy to make:

Mix together dry ingredients (I mix them up in one of the mugs):
2 tab. almond meal
2 tab. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
dash of salt
sweetener to taste (still working on the right level for both hubby and me, currently I use 1 tsp sugar and 2 packets plain stevia as we don't handle erythritol well)

Mix together wet ingredients in a smallish bowl:
1 egg
1/4 cup HWC
(melt dark chocolate in a bit of the HWC to taste--I can't use much)
dash of vanilla
any extracts or other flavors

Mix dry ingredients into wet, coconut flour tends to be lumpy, so you'll have to mix it well. Add lots of nuts and/or unsweetened coconut if desired.

Divide ingredients into 2 coffee mugs (needs a small spatula to get it all). Don't bother greasing the mugs, it doesn't seem to make any difference.
Microwave for 1 minute, up to 20 seconds more if you have more ingredients (until top is just dry looking).

Cool just a bit, then top with whipped cream, or cream cheese frosting.

These are just the right size for an after-dinner treat for two, or stick one in the fridge for later. I'm going to be working on some other flavors for variety.
Sponsored Links