View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 19:22
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

I think these plans work. I haven't yet tried anything close to K/E or the Kimkins plan - but I did ditch dairy, red meat and eggs there for awhile, and ended up dropping 14 pounds in about two weeks. Turkey, chicken, fish and veggies - and also olive oil and vinaigrette dressings. Actually upped my veggies.

This leads me to believe that "Kimmer" is onto something.

The "KISS" plan is also onto something. And so is Lyle McDonald, with his Rapid Fat Loss plan. And Dr. Atkins - who said that most of our carbs should be coming from fibrous vegetables. And "Whoa" of "CRON" fame on these boards - they're all onto something. They are RIGHT about all this stuff.

It's all really the same thing - but each 'program' is re-packaged in a way that might be easier for a particular person to follow - easier to understand and so on.

I cannot imagine myself lasting more than a few days on either M/E or K/E and yet - I do think both of these plans work, because I've tried them (for a short while). The all-meat thing works like you wouldn't believe, but for me....it's not a sustainable plan. That's just me.

Meanwhile, there are so many variations on the theme - SouthBeach, Fat Flush, Rapid Fat Loss, Kimkins, KISS, Paleo - and they ALL work.

I'm not sure it's such a great idea to bash someone who's come up with yet another variation on the theme - a variation that happens to work extremely well for those who can stick to it.

I think we should be grateful that there are so many different 'plans' to choose from. Who cares if it's M/E, K/E, Kimkins, Fatkins, Fat Flush, South Beach, Protein Power, "Arckins", Intermittent fasting, Cron'ing, Atkins induction, Paleo, PSMF, Rapid Fat Loss...or whatever the deal is....I mean, really...who cares? As long as it works for the person who finally finds something that fits their lifestyle and their body.

PS - on edit: Kudos to Jimmy Moore for losing 13 pounds! I think that's a *good* thing. Whatever it takes to ditch those frankenfoods or what have you. I've done the whole 'replacement foods' thing too (ie. PMS and I'm in the kitchen making a hot chocolate with coconut milk, SF Da Vinci syrup and dark cocoa powder). I think it's ok to be human, you know? And *yay* for getting really serious about losing the last few pounds.