#39   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-08, 12:38

Plan: VLC
Stats: 295/220/160 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaW
The conventional wisdom holds that saturated fat, dietary fat and animal foods all make us sick and lead to an early death....sorry, but the *collective* here isn't credible to decide what me and my family can and can't eat.

It's not really the issue here, but I don't know that I totally buy the whole "us vs them" thing. I know many people, who aren't adherents to Low-Carb, and have eaten bacon, butter and beef their entire lives and constantly say things like "if it's bad for you, then how come my father used to eat X, and he lived to 99". Just because the the mass media manages to make it seem like everyone buys into low-carb, low-fat; I don't know that you'd ever have a majority consensus against saturated fat or sizable enough percentage of the population wanting to ban the sale of bacon.

But if the majority decides to take a company to task for using deplorable marketing practices which ultimately harm children, good for them. Why would any of us want to take the side of a clown faced corporation over the health of our children.