View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-07, 06:30

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Scarlet, (nice to meet you, btw!)

I am no expert, but I have had experience with the IR Diet and going off and on plan. I know that the cravings/hunger diminishes for me the longer I am on plan. It takes me 3-4 days before I start feeling "normal" and in control. I do have to adhere to the 30 carbs per meal rule, I do best when I don't eat sugar and when I keep my days menu to 3 meals and 1 snack. There's something about eating more than 4 times a day that sets off my cravings. I always make sure I have adequate protein with each meal/snack infact when 2 oz of protein might do, I have 4 oz or sometimes 6 oz.

When I eat balanced with atleast 14 grams of protein, and 30 grams of carbs-- my appetite is suppressed. I didn't get this full and satisfied sensation when I tried VLC, and I don't sleep in ketosis and I need my sleep. I find foods that are higher in fiber give me that full feeling longer.

My breakfast usually satisfies me well past lunch time. I usually have coffee, 1/2 c cottage cheese, and 1/2 c oatbran or oatmeal w/ milk. I am always amazed at how long this meal stays with me. If I eat a VLC breakfast I am hungry before noon. So I do know eating this way works for me and my body, but I haven't entirely gotten everything worked out I slipped up this summer on vacation which continued 2 months past vacation and I have been trying to lose the 10 lbs I gained back. I was so happy before vacation I had lost 25 lbs since January, and I was eating things like whole grains and fruit in balance. I really love eating this way. It feels normal

I do believe so many ppl want a quick fix. If a plan doesn't work for them in one week they drop that plan and say "it doesn't work". I lose like a turtle even on LC, I would only lose 1/2 pound per week. My body fights it every step of the way, so if I am going to lose slowly I might as well eat the foods I love in balance. (with the exception to sugar-- since its so dangerous for me!)

Have a good day