View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-07, 14:26

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%
Default Hunger from increasing carbs to TSP levels?

Hello Everyone

I feel like I don't know what to do so am looking for advice from fellow beiners. I used to be addicted to sugar but gave it up in 2002 in order to begin low carbing. I did TSP combined with the IR diet (30g per meal), lost the weight and eliminated sugar completely from my life. I reintroduced it after 3 months but in general never had it on any regualr basis. In September of 2005 my fiancee and I split up due to his drug addiction and I binged for 3-4 months. I gained all the weight I had lost and kept off in 2002. By June 2006 I was ready to start healing again so went back to my moderate carb plan. However after losing only 7lbs I stalled so in January 2007 I went much lower and did Protein Power (40 carbs per day). I lost a further 14lbs and have been stalled since May.

Because I had been stalled so long I decided to cut down further on carbs so tried Atkins induction. I felt TERRIBLE, incrediby upset, anxious and tearful. I only lasted 5 days on it and stopped when I found myself lying at the bottom of the shower thinking I couldn't kill myself as it would hurt my dbf!

I gave up then and since then have been doing reading. I have decided I need to heal and I don't want to be on a diet anymore. I'm not crazy about my weight now. My BMI is about 26 but I'm ok.

I have PCOS and I just want to have a long term plan that I can live with. I want to be able to eat at friend's houses etc. When I low carb I feel less tried and I don't really crave sweets. However after adding more complex carbs to my diet (as I have been reading about in TSP) I feel tired like I used to, yawning with eyes burning and craving sweets. I am also never fully satisfied with my food and need to eat again about 2 hours after each meal. I didn't have these symptoms very low carbing but as I said I don't find it a livable plan. I am also having a very good amount of protein with my complex carbs.

Any ideas on what's happening with my body? Will it just take time for it to adjust to a moderate amount of carbs again or do I need to only eat certain carbs? And why have my sugar cravings come back? At this stage I am so scared and confused about what to eat. Both ways seem to cause problems!

Anyone experience this or anything like that?
Sponsored Links