View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-13, 22:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

There are so many delicious low-carb meals that there's no need to get bored. I always enjoy looking for new recipes, and that has made the diet a real treat for me. Gordon Ramsey's recipes are always quick and tasty, and All Recipes dot com have a huge selection of excellent recipes with reviews. There are some great recipes here on the forum, and in other low-carb blogs, etc. Everyone enjoys something different, but it's just a matter of trying things out.

Have you tried shiritaki noodles? I still haven't tried them, but seemingly they don't have a flavour, but absorb the taste of foods you cook with them, so you could probably cook them up with butter and herbs and serve them with a traditional pasta sauce - pesto and cheese, or bolognese. Otherwise, try serving bolognese with coleslaw on the side, instead of over pasta - that's how I eat it.. I also enjoy a dish made by frying up an onion, adding noodles made from cabbage, then once that's cooked, melt through some cheese and season with freshly ground pepper - very tasty.

The longer you low-carb, the less you'll miss the starchy foods. Quite apart from breaking the habit, the desire for them simply diminishes.

Perhaps you simply need to eat more of the right foods. There's no need to feel hungry on a low-carb diet. Your stats weight is pretty good, so there's no need to deprive yourself too much.