View Single Post
  #482   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 07:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/181/150 Female 5' 9''
BF:
Progress: 16%

I'm having more of a lightbulb moment being 8 weeks into Atkins more so then when I started that's because I'm getting smaller.. no cravings..and feel a control over food I haven't had for years

My "kickstart" was really just another weight loss attempt. I was laying on the beach in Hilton Head with my middle age belly protruding from my black one piece bathing suit.. reading in Women's Day and reading about the A List Diet..a version of Atkins. I thought, "what the heck, I will try low carb like this for two weeks.. it couldn't hurt..nothing else has worked."
So I started low carb according to the article. After two weeks.. I studied more on Atkins original diet and decided to go to that. I realized modern versions of LC are just marketed diets that sell products and slow down weight loss, Including Atkins 20.
Since following induction according the Atkins Revolution book.. I'm thrilled and so very hopeful that I will get this stubborn fat off my body. I've tried calorie counting, Intermittent Fasting. all miserable and not sustainable.

I also joined this forum... read all the LC tips.. and doing things right so I don't waste time and kid myself.