#24   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-18, 07:58

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
Yeah, the brain is an expensive organ. I went searching too and I found interesting stuff. For example Kleiber's Law. Basically, the bigger we are, the lower the REE/m (resting energy expenditure per mass), and the higher the total REE. Anyways, the point is some organs are so much more expensive than others that the brain for example (and especially because it's also much heavier than the other expensive tissues like the liver or the heart) could easily make up for a drop in REE elsewhere. On the other hand, when we use our brains more, we also tend to use everything else less, i.e. we gonna sit and think rather than run and think, ya?

Then there's the reverse. If we move more, we gonna think less. Never mind for the moment about the REE stuff. Instead, consider that thinking is a skill like any other skill we develop and improve with practice, and doing less of it means we aren't as skilled as we could be. It doesn't necessarily mean that active people are less smart, it means there's a tendency to think less when we move more, that's all. On the other hand, it's possible that active people tend to think more in practical terms and less in theoretical terms, when they do sit down and think about stuff. Then by extension, it's also possible their thought process is much shorter, i.e. more efficient at arriving to a decision.

Personally, I often lay down to rest and think, then get up to write down the stuff I figured out. I doubt I'd figure things out as easily by taking a walk for example, my brain would be relatively too occupied with other stuff.

This kinda blew my mind lol great read