View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-18, 16:25

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Life causes cancer.

Isn't prostate cancer usually so slow growing that when found in older men they just leave it? They are likely going to die of something else long before they die of the prostate cancer. Sure there are men who get it younger and more aggressive, but aren't those anomalies compared to older men who a high percentage die WITH prostate cancer, rather than die OF it?

Direct correlation on stuff like this is hard to define. I'm no expert by a long shot, but I have people in my extended family who have had lung cancer for instance and never smoked in their lives. I seem to remember during an American Indian museum tour...I think it was in Little Rock, where I learned that American Indians had cases of cancer long before white man arrived. Sure, the smoke in the teepees may have caused it, but maybe some of us just get cancer. A mutation that simply occurs and there is nothing you did to cause it...and it follows genetic lines.

Western culture has fallen in to the trap of believing whatever the latest "study" seems to reveal. We were told eggs were killing us at one point...weren't we? I think I would believe a millennia old Chinese fact and remedy before modern Western ones. There is too much money to corrupt stuff...and a LOT of that money is in medicine, treatment, and therapy...and diets!

I've said most of my life "Eat well, stay fit and get hit by a bus anyway". We are all born to die and we cant always control when we punch out. If we live our lives in fear of death and take few risks, preferring to be cautious about everything...that's not really living in the philosophical sense, that's just attempting to prolong life and waiting to die.

I'd rather live to 70 enjoying things and having the excitement that comes with risk, than live to 100 being careful and listening to the clock tick on the wall.