View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-17, 22:22

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I’m another one who gets super high readings at the doctor’s office! Really high, although decent at home. A former doctor wouldn’t believe me so she did have me wear one of those 24-hours monitors. As she said “sure enough, your BP was through the roof here when we put the monitor on. Twenty minutes after you left it had dropped a lot. Forty minutes after you left it was normal, ( remained normal the next 24 hours despite traffic jams and emergencies at work), then twenty minutes before you were due back here it began to rise, and by the time you got back here it was through the roof again”.

I was also thinking about Welch’s book when I heard of this new guideline. Anyone remember when the guideline for the top number was your age+100? Were there really tons more strokes and heart attacks then?

I’m 65 now! Hah, that would work for me even at the doctor’s office sometimes! Alas being older my BP is a bit higher, and goes up sooner when I’m seeing a doctor, and takes longer to come back down afterwards.

Several times in the last few years I’ve had to fill out health questionnaires and never know how to answer the “do you have high blood pressure” question. How do you answer when it’s normal 95% of the time but high 5% of the time, and the high is always when a medical professional is taking it!