View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-16, 10:05

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

CRICKET - it remains to be seen how I will handle that first carb nite. It will be weird, for sure, as I have not eaten carbs for 2 years now. But I am certain I will have no problem getting back on the wagon, because it is the only way I know! I am sure the carbs from the previous night will be sufficient. And because this is a new experiment for me, I will be absolutely eager to follow it to the letter.

Even now I am making a game plan for the nite. I am actually planning on doing this either Wednesday or Thursday night. And since I normally go to bed around 7pm, watch TV or whatever for about an hour, then fall asleep around 8 pm, I may need to start my Nite much earlier than 4!!!! I am thinking closer to 1pm, so I can have a good 6 hrs to do it. I will start out with something light (thinking of Cream of Wheat) then have a dinner like spaghetti & meatballs?, then before bed, having some popcorn, perhaps. I will plan this in more detail the day before so I will know exactly how many carbs I will be ingesting.

There is no where in the book that specifically states how many carbs are actually needed. I know I will need to ingest enough to fill those glycogen stores, though, and that will be well over 100g! I have read on other sites that the average body stores about that much in the liver alone. So if I can get at least that much spread out through a few meals, if not more, I should be fine. The cereal and spaghetti dinner should cover that alone, and the bedtime snack will cinch it. I can monitor the blood glucose through the night.

That's the plan so far. I am really looking forward to this. Being able to have some popcorn again will be a real treat for me!