View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-15-15, 10:45
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

I was reading a ref about the liver making ketones the other day, and considered that anybody with serious liver issues -- which people my size almost certainly have, regardless that this is not where medicine begins (oddly, I think it should) -- may have what I "intuitively suspected" was my issue -- that after some time doing wonderfully, my liver simply could not provide the ketone output that my body required any further. Hence the need for carbs, and literally hallucinations of batteries and gauges on empty and the feeling I would DIE if I didn't consume some kind of energy to support my organs immediately.

(Not a food craving. For godssakes. I love LC food, was eating it happily.) I think maybe some of the difference is the health of a person walking into the eating plan. I'm willing to guess that if people are very healthy, full keto probably works really well.

Since walking in I had no 'symptoms' other than fat, I assumed I was "perfectly healthy aside from being bizarrely fat." This is obviously a misunderstanding but I've heard a lot of other people say things like that. I think people do not GET fat without, at some point, serious endocrine and possibly organ issues -- let alone THAT fat.

PJ