Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 11:09
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mef623
Thanks nawchem! The problem is definitely diet consistency. In other words, I know the difference between healthy and unhealthy, but my willpower (or lack thereof) sometimes gets the best of me. It's also a matter of how difficult it is to keep weight off once you've lost it. Even eating decently means that I end up putting weight back on.

As for the 100, I'm seeing studies describing a "sustain weight" level of carbs at 75-125, so I just hit the middle. Truthfully, I'll probably just end up adding back until I hit a level where I'm putting on weight again. In other words, if I start regressing at 80 carbs, I'll bring it back down.

The more I read about low-carb diets, the more nervous I get. Reading Gary Taubes makes it sound like I'm never going to be able to eat again!

Mike

If by eating again you mean going back to the diet that you got you here, probably won't be able to do that without regain.

I lost 55lbs and kept it off 5 years quite happily until a car wreck of injuries and a simultaneous thyroid problem hit. Exercising makes me want to do other healthy things, its a great stress reducer.

The thing with lowcarb is that after a while plastic junk food loses a lot of appeal. You start realizing what hunger is when you're no longer driven to eat by unstable blood sugar. Its like quitting smoking, you have to make it past the addiction and its painful a while. Then the trick is to find LC foods that you love.