#32   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-14, 11:39

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellyfat1
He has lost 15 lbs to my 4. Can anyone give me some suggestions? I'm staying away from the carbs for now. extremely hard for me to do!

Men - darn them - tend to lose weight more quickly. The only suggestions I can give are the ones I did & still do. The main one was to get rid of everything in the house that was a temptation. At the grocery store I stick strictly to my list - I rarely go into the center of the store. All the real food that is low carb is around the perimeter.

Read! Read everything that will give you encouragement and information.

Take safe food with you to any gathering where food is a big part of it. It's helpful if you can eat things like nuts (I can't) but there are a lot of foods that are portable. I've even eaten my own food at small restaurants. No one has commented on it - yet. If I can't do that, I eat beforehand so I won't be tempted. I attend a monthly meeting that meets at a local buffet famous for their desserts. I eat lunch before going to the meeting and only get coffee (I checked with the manager to make sure that was OK). Being a senior citizen I get the coffee for free! I sometimes notice the goodies that other's are eating, but fortunately, I'm usually too busy to be tempted.