#27   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 10:40

Plan: Atkins (loosely)
Stats: -/-/- Female 60
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
Fauve, here's an article with lots of suggestions to help reduce inflammation naturally. I'm trying to include as many of these things in my daily routine as I can, as well. all pretty doable for me, really.

http://www.womentowomen.com/inflamm...ammatories.aspx

I've scanned rapidly through this link. It seems to give decent advice except for one thing. If you eat a diet high in omega-6 you cannot realistically consume enough omega-3 to balance it out. So you have to cut out as much omega-6 out of your diet as possible. So basically that means cutting out almost all industrial oils (which means cutting out pretty much all processed food, even the low-carb ones). It also means trying to obtain grass fed meat as much as possible and minimize grain fed meat (and that means grain-fed chicken too).

A good way to improve your health is to cut out the 3 horses of the "diseases of civilization” apocalypse. Gluten (especially wheat), sugar (especially HFCS), and omega-6 industrial oils.

And last but not least, Vitamin D and Magnesium. But I'll let Hutchinson do that bit, he's our resident expert.