View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-21-17, 20:48

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

I will go somewhat against some folks that say, 'get family to remove the bad stuff'. High carb foods are everywhere and there is no way to hide from them.

It's hard, but only will power will get you to where you want to be. Willpower needs to be exercised, tested, stressed to get stronger.

Now, so what if you stumbled. What matters is if you get up, learn from why you stumbled, and set forth again with increased willpower and resolve.

Focus on what your goal is...and I do not mean a desired weight...I mean why you want to lose weight and why you want to improve your health through better eating. Let that drive you.

Tonight my boy was sitting on the sofa with me eating a big bowl of pistachio ice cream. It was tempting, but not enough to derail my goal to get my weight down so I have a reasonable chance to climb MT Rainier in the spring. My wife has candy and sweets all over the house (how she stays at 125 I do not know), but resisting them helps to make me stronger in the long run.

The good news is that once you get several solid weeks into it, the cravings subside and you will be able to tame remaining cravings with a cheese stick or a hand full of nuts.

That little slip was nothing....now show us all how it is done!