#32   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-07, 09:08
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Peruse, what is that? I can look if I may.

Yes. Just let me know and I'll put the MPPLAN button back so that people can use it. (Don't look at yesterday--I ate 3 Atkins candy bars-I was having a bit of an issue )

Quote:
It's 1 gram/kilo lean body weight (goal weight) that I need, huh?

That sounds a bit low--150 pounds is about 68 Kilos, which is only 68 grams of protein. If anything that would be the minimum you would want to eat. But if I only ate 68 grams of protein a day, I'd be starving to death. I usually eat average 110-140

Quote:
How much fat can I eat?

I usually average about 45-65% fat, always around 30% protein and my carbs are usually around 10-15% depending on the day

Quote:
I have to figure out a way to eat fatter meat. I have the problem that I don't like chicken skin or fat. There's some strange taste to it. My mother raised hens for egg production and I think either I might have over done it, or her cooking chickens tasted differently. Maybe it's the corn and grains in modern feeding facilities...

I hear you on the chicken fat--I think it has something to do with processing and what they feed them. I find chicken fat kinda gross and rubbery even when crisp. I usually up my fats by using real butter, a tsp of coconut oil in my coffee every morning, eating avocados and nuts and such. I don't get all my fats from meat. (and pork fat--not grease- is gross to me too)

Quote:
By the way. I'm thinking it way have been the water, after all. It's too early to say, but the scale is looking better now, and I also feel more slender. Waist has lost inches. Eating more cannot have had much of an impact already, but I have been drinking more water for 5 days now.

I knew in my heart if you just stuck to plan correctly you'd be seeing some kind of difference. Remember--if it's not coming off the scale it's probably coming off somewhere else. Did you read that article link I posted earlier. That may also help you reconcile your worries.

Talk to ya later today!!