#12   ^
Old Sat, Dec-09-17, 08:23

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
I've found reducing food variety can make things easier losing weight (though never with such low calories). Pre-formed hamburger patties and spinach, brocolli etc. works just as good as shakes, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
I think that's at least part of the reason I don't find it difficult to maintain my weight loss, I stick to the same foods day after day, a little variety in meat choices and a little variety in vegetable choice, but very little decision making involved. Easy, satisfying and works for me plus its all real food. It occurred to me the other day that I no longer just open the refrigerator and scan the contents to figure out what I want to eat. That's a habit from way back in my past pre low carb days. Lot's of variables involved in figuring out how best to eat, quality of food, quantity of food, selection of food, timing of food. The drink used in this study literally makes me nauseous just thinking about the ingredients.

Jean

I was about to say pretty much the same thing.

If you don't spend a lot of time seeking out new foods to try, new and different combinations of flavors, tantalizing your taste buds (both during the mouth watering anticipation phase of "Oooh, that sounds good!", and the lip-licking eating phase), then it becomes just food to you, instead of "Food, glorious food!"

I think that's part of the reason that 800 calories/day of franken-shakes and soups works for them - they're resigned to the fact that this is what they're going to eat, this is all there is for them to eat, so they don't think about it any more than simply consuming it to ease hunger.