Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 10:01
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegotdis
Hi jschwab. Thanks for helping and giving new idea's, but truth is my doc said to stay out of water and steam rooms cause they will raise my blood pressure. I don't know much about blood pressure but I do know a high reading can be really dangerous. She says to walk. I am thinking to try lifting again. I hope its ok but when I lay flat, I get so much pressure in my head I have to sit up. My ankles stay swollen except when i run, but I won't be running until I lose at least 75lbs. I have got to try something to get this weight off. I learned not too long ago that the pills the doc has me on, makes me gain weight. It is why I know running will help the most, but I won't run anymore for a while. But thank you.

Hey Reggie!!
I've found that walking can be very boring and very slow..compared to running that is. That is why I suggested that you go to a local animal shelter and volunteer to walk a dog.
I've got 3 dogs and am a professional dog walker....so I'm out there walking all the time. Do you have a dog?
Another thing about walking is to pick a destination....it helps to have a place that you are going to get to and then turn around and come back. Maybe a local coffee shop?

Here's the thing that you need to get....the exercise won't get you losing all the weight, eating a good low carb plan will do that...the walking supports the plan but doesn't get the weight loss happening like eating according to a plan does.
So pick a plan and follow it, get a book and start reading....learn how to do low carb properly and walk.
You say that the doctor has you on meds that make you gain weight? Steroids?