View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 07:05

Plan: my own
Stats: 0/0/0
BF:
Progress: 34%
Post Danger food...

I don't think it is any one thing, but what it is or the way it is presented for meself.
I cannot think of a single loaf of bread, cake, or pastry at the grocery store that I would have the impetus to buy, even if they were mystically transformed into LC, but walk by a French patissere with its heavenly wafts of crusty bread and jewel-like confection...
I am sure I have scared the patrons inside such shops, with my face pressed up against the glass, wild eyes peering in maniacally (I dare not step inside!) I should feel sorry for the man who cleans the windows... all that slobber.

Having said that, there is nothing like freshly made pomme frites either. I was of the opinion that chips have now grown palid and uninteresting. I discovered, again, that it has to do with how they are made. Cut to scene in French restaurant: My poor bf and I looking at each other, horrified, that I had thoughtlessly consumed a quarter portion of his pomme frites! My brain went blank, I guess. Reception problem! "You're going to be really annoyed at yourself," he says calmly. And I was. If I was going to 'cheat', I should have gotten the escargot encased in puff pastry!! Fade out scene to black.
Fortunately, they did not accompany me to the scale the next day, although I can't help thinking that I have impeded my own progress. Bad! Bad Sock!

Sorry... this isn't the confession line, but I just have to declare that danger lurks even in the most 'civilized' of environs, awaiting to deviously spring when you least expect it! Bwa-ha ha HA!!!!