View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 20:42

Plan: Atkin's Nutritional Approach
Stats: 190/165/150 Female 68 inches/ 5' 8 1/2"
BF:39/32/25
Progress: 63%

this diet is definately for those of us who like to cook. If you can cook, there are endless possibilities! It's so much fun, and it's really not that expensive.

If you don't care to cook, it has the potential of being quite pricey. There isn't much prepackaged food for those of us on low-carb diets. At SuperWalMart I was pleasantly surprised to find prepackaged frozen low carb entrees! Only 5 grams effective carbs!!!!!!!!!! I was sick this last week (rash... yuck) and those came in really handy. It had one with chicken, zuchinni and yellow squash in a creamy tomato sauce, and the other one was a very garlicy beef with brocolli. It was rather yummy.

they were expensive though. It's something that I would only buy if I was too sick to cook, or didn't feel like cooking. The entrees were about three bucks a pop.

Cabbage is really good and cheap. Eggs are good and cheap. Try mixing a tablespoon of whipping cream instead of water or milk for the FLUFFIEST omlettes in the world!!!!!!!

Sometimes grocery stores will have chickens that they roast and sell hot in lined bags. These chickens are soooo delicious, and make a good supper. When you have left overs, pull the meat from the bones, and simmer with some mexican spices and water until the meat is stringy! Taco salads! Low carb tacos with extra lettuce!!! The rotisserie chickens make great left over sandwiches too. Spread a little pesto on some chicken, and wrap in a slice of provolone cheese! Our local Fareway store sells these chickens for three bucks! It's like having thanksgiving (and the leftovers too)

I think that our grocery bill has gone down.