View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-16, 17:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Exercise is more fat burning on an empty stomach IF you are adapted to both low carb and fasting.

If either one isn't true, then you'll be exhausted. Keep in mind that you are burning fat by staying low carb. The best advice that I can give you is to pay attention to hunger. If you are hungry, eat. If you're not, stop eating, or don't start.

Some of us have severely damaged our ability to pay attention to hunger/not hunger, though. They do better with either measuring and counting, or eating during prescribed windows during the day, only.

I like the way that you are working to figure things out. Allow yourself to know what works for you, as opposed to what various guides say will work. When you are eating low carb and high fat, you have an advantage over those who are not, as the simple act of digesting higher levels of protein and higher levels of fat uses a lot more energy than digesting sugars.

Remember from kindergarten, the soda cracker experiment? (At least we did it in my kindergarten.) Chew on a salty soda cracker long enough, and it starts to taste sweet. Because the chemical bonds in carbs are so simple and so weak that the digestive juices in your mouth will start breaking them down.

Easy to break down, easy to store in the fat cells! But proteins and fats, oh my! They are much more complex, and before they can go through the bloodstream, need a lot more work to break down.

Bottom line: at the number of calories where you might have stalled or even gained with a diet higher in carbs, you will lose on LCHF. Gotta love that, right?