#8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 06:34
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
staying VLC long term, is proving to be a healthy diet that has potential to avoid chronic disease, etc
That's a good point. Seems that part of aging is damaged cells which don't get repaired and eventually lead to death. Drs. Fung, Westman and others now have case studies proving a reversal of conditions previously believed to be irreversible.
Quote:
At my sickest point my A1c was 12, my triglycerides 1200 and I had started to develop neuropathy – a large area where I no longer had feeling. It was numb. I was heartbroken, and believed the damage to be permanent and irreversible. (Note – This neuropathy often leads to amputations – Dr. Jason Fung)
Today I am on zero medication. I no longer have hypertension, I lost over 100 pounds. I also lift weights, and have a wonderful Lean Body Mass of 127 lbs at 5’7″, age 53 (by DEXA). My A1c just last week measured at 5.5, and my triglycerides at 90.I no longer have neuropathy in my right foot. The day I discovered it was healing was very emotional. Now it is completely healed.
Sitting next to Gary Fettke at a ketogenic dinner (that I helped cook!) in Breckenridge this last February, I told him about my healed foot. Gary is an orthopaedic surgeon who was silenced in Tasmania for helping guide his patients to a path of proper nutrition. He was frustrated with having to amputate diabetic’s limbs when he knew the disease could be easily managed with nutrition. I told Dr. Fettke I had been on the ketogenic diet just over three years, and that my foot had recently completely healed. His eyes lit up, and he smiled and said to me “Do you know how long it takes for the nerves to regrow from your spinal cord to your foot? Three years.”
The quote is taken from Brenda – Join the Party at KetoFest