View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-09, 11:39

Plan: Low net carb
Stats: 274/265/160 Female 69
BF:TOO MUCH FOR NOW
Progress: 8%

When I went through my divorce, I lost 80 lbs in a little over 4 months. I was eating, just not much. The more weight that came off the better I felt. I was going through school and was a single mom of 2 very young kids. I would grab coffee and then not eat the rest of the day except for picking at the kids left overs. We started walking everyday to kill the time of loneliness. We would go to bed early, because when I was sleeping, I could not think about the pain he had caused me. Then I had a PE class in school. I would go to the Gym, guys would start noticing me after not being noticed for 10 yrs. This was a great motivator, I realized that I too was loveable. I learned that maybe my ex had a problem that had nothing to do with me. The counselors said I may never know why he decided to cheat. It was his problem not mine. This was hard to accept and I felt unactractive, so I felt the need to take care of me. I lost weight to show "him" that I was not who he claimed I was. I was not going to be defined by my exterior. I was better than he was giving me credit for.

Wow, got on a roll......

But, back to my point, my friends and family started commenting that I was too skinny, they thought I was sick. It was great stepping on the scale each morning and seeing another 1/2 or 1 pound gone. I loved how I looked. I looked hot and was much more confident. My 5 year old said, it is good we laugh... we never laughed when daddy was here. From the mouth of babes...

Then I met my current husband, 5 kids, working full time, over eating while cooking family meals everynight. Cooking for 7 every night seemed like a dinner party each day of the week. I was busy taking care of everyone in our house. We were busy. Slowly my weight crept up on me over the last 10 yrs.
Now, with a still skinny husband, I am no longer willing to do this.....
So, when I lose weight I will curious how he will react. He loves me fat and will love me skinny. There is great comfort in knowing you are unconditionally loved. But, he too has a tendancy toward jealousy. Could get interesting.

I think your husband it worried that you will be TOO GOOD LOOKING to stay with him. He is feeling insecure and needs reassurance. I know sometimes when one spouse changes a lot the other cannot deal with the change. This is not your fault. You need to do what is best for you. Do not compromise your dreams for someone else.

Someone very wise once told me: "Fill your cup to the point where it overflows, then there will be the need for someone else to soak up the excess."

If you allow someone to take from you before you are content with yourself, this only steals from you. Hope this helps !!! Good luck and communicate with him !!!