#20   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 14:21

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 196/165/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz8605
Hi Bekkers - the only experience I have with a shake so far (besides pre-made Aktins and EAS, which I've only used for "emergency") is one called Champion Nutritional Drink that I found on Netrition. I wanted something that was a good source of protein while being low in carbs but with no aspartame and I hit paydirt because I think this one is tasty too. I use it as an after-workout drink. (Otherwise I don't tend to do shakes, but this is good for a quick and easy protein boost after my weight training.) I don't add fat at that time. I can't speak to the coconut oil approach but I figured I'd at least welcome you here and offer up the one I use.

Oh, I have to tell you...this came in a huge plastic jar "barrel" almost...I had to laugh. But I keep it in a pantry and just scoop out one scoop with 5 oz water and shake vigorously and pop in in my car. Of coruse I got the chocolate. Here is the link...

http://www23.netrition.com/champion...stack_page.html

I'm not doing PP although I'm reading the PPLP but I use this as a meal replacement... I usually use more water or unsweetened almond breeze (8oz per scoop)... I also add coconut oil, peanut butter and heavy cream along with some ice cubes in a blender.. if I just want a chocolate milkshake, I use heavy cream and ice cubes.. I love the taste.. I've had someone describe it as 'nestle' rather than 'hershey' when it comes to the chocolate which I agree with..