View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-07, 09:12
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Awesome news, Bekkers! I'm excited that you're finding something that motivates you, which is the key to living this way. The real key to this forum IS finding people who are like-minded and can help with the journey. There are a lot of us over here in PP land, but the few who are have been wonderful to me! I really believe in this WOL.

Larry's comments about the CO are right on. The way I describe it is that it has a "neutral" taste when cooking with it. I've used it to sautee my eggs. You don't get the same yumminess as butter, but the fat from CO is so good for you it's worth the addition. One thing I do want to caution is the quantity. I'm excited to see Larry is getting benefits from 1tbsp a day. The recommendations allow up to about 3tbsps, I believe. But here's the thing, when you first start to take it, work your way up. Taking too much at one time can have negative effects...at least on many people. So just build it in to your diet slowly and you'll be fine.

I also agree that supplements will be key for you, so definitely check out the recommendations on those and start adding them in.

While I always promote "real food" over anything else, I do understand that sometimes we need alternate options. Just do what you can to keep the balance and to keep the quality of the food you consume high and the balance of the food you consume in line with PP guidelines. You'll be amazed and how much benefit you'll get and the flexibility is wonderful.

Also, feel free to stop by my journal anytime. I have created lots of ways to create "fast food" in my house...pre-cooking and reheating bacon, hardboiling eggs, etc. I'd be happy to share whatever tips I can to help you balance your busy life with you munchkin (love that name!).
Sponsored Links