Old Thu, May-29-14, 04:33
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Maintenance is the goal, but the concept both excites me and scares me at the same time. I too have lost and gained back 100's of pounds. I always returned to the one diet that I knew didn't work - the one I was on while gaining all those pounds. I never entertained the idea of low-carb eating for life and never had a good end game for what I would do upon reaching my goal weight. I have a long way to go, but in spite of all my previous failures, I really think that I've learned what I needed to know and I really believe that I am on the path to my goal weight.

I hope you stick around on this site. You are a great inspiration -- seeing what you did for yourself helps keep me motivated. But I also want to follow your progress with maintenance. I want to soak up all I can from you and the others in maintenance that continue to post here. When I get there, I want to be ready.

Thanks for the kind words, khrussva!

What's really sad about the situation we have ourselves in, is that we put ourselves there by making poor food choices. I'm not saying some people's weight isn't medical but most of us love to eat and we eat the wrong things. What I love about LC WOE is I can eat when I'm hungry, not like a low calorie diet when once you hit your daily kcal allotment you can't eat any more. I was miserable when I did WW for like 10 days... Have you noticed by reading the boards that a lot of us have portion control issues as well? I could eat all day long...

But my goal here is to stick around and be one of the LC WOE Lifers. Everyone inspires me every day here -- especially with the wisdom the LC WOE Lifers impart on the newbies. I love reading what the lifers are doing to maintain, both the struggles and the successes of every day maintenance -- the most difficult part of this journey!

You can do this khrussva -- I truly believe in self-fulfilling prophecies and that attitude will get you to your goal! I'm over here cheering you onward and downward!!