#41   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-15, 23:57

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Don't want to be Debbie downer but I heard that the Hollandaise sauce was so great at Trader Joe's so I went there specifically for that and sorry to say, it was horrible to me. I took one taste and blah...then another and yuck.
IDK if it was mishandled or what, It is in the refrigerated section but it sure didn't taste like any Hollandaise sauce I had ever had...

On top of that, you wouldn't guess what I went through to finally get that jar of hollandaise sauce.

First time I went I searched in the sauce area. Then found a girl (young 17?)and asked her where the hollandaise sauce was. She looked at me funny after a pause she said, "Seasonal".... I wasn't sure what she meant So I replied, what? Seasonal, only certain times a year. So I thought, oh well and left.

Then as I drove away I kept going over our short conversation and started to think that she didn't know what Hollandaise sauce was and thought I had said "Holiday Sauce" lolol
So I inquired with my friend again about the HS and she said that it wasn't on the isle anyway, it's in the area with yoghurt and it's up high above...

So I decided to try again.

Well, this Trader Joe's is very small and the parking is even smaller. I circled over and over looking for a spot at least 10 minutes, even sitting for one parking space to open up. Finally I went in for my Hollandaise sauce, armed with the information of where it was located......

Still couldn't find it and got a fellow to show me where it was. It was up so high in the open refrigerator section that it was above my head. It's perishable and has an expiration date...not shelf stable.
Ah, finally I got my sauce.

Went home and opened it right away and armed with a spoon for my first taste I spooned it into my mouth expecting this wonderful sauce
and not sure with that first taste I took a second bite only to reaffirm myself that it was horrible. It's perishable and has an expiration date...not shelf stable.

Yes, I could have returned it but I didn't want to spend the afternoon driving into traffic to get there and parking and honestly I just said forget it and tossed it into the trash...

Oh well, what else is good there. I need a reason to go back...