View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 05:52

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Rebounding info

Hi. I've had one for years, but never really stayed with it long enough to form an opinion. After seeing your post I was thinking I might give it another try. Here's what I found that really makes it sound good:
  • It increases the lymphatic system's circulation (the body's waste removal system), ultimately improving the efficiency of the immune system.
  • It increases bone density because it actually strengthens the skeleton. which makes it a great exercise for preventing osteoporosis.
  • Because of the increase in lymphatic system circulation, it also works to tone and tighten the skin – like giving yourself a facial.
How it works:

There are three natural forces: gravity, acceleration, and deceleration. The purpose of rebounding is to line up acceleration and deceleration with gravity. The G Force factor is what gives you all the benefits of rebounding. Your body weight is equal to 1 G Force.

When you start bouncing up and down, your body is subjected to the forces of acceleration and deceleration plus gravity. This combination of forces creates an increase in G Force – each and every cell feels this increase which is the equivalent of doubling your weight. In response to being placed in this environment, the cells adjust by getting stronger, individually. Each and every cell gets stronger – not just muscle cells (like when you pump up in the gym).
Rebounding also cleanses cells because the lymphatic system is activated by this type of activity; the cells are constantly being flushed of metabolic waste and saturated with oxygen, nutrients, enzymes etc. The rate of diffusion of water through cell membranes is increased because rebounding activates one way valves in the veins of the lymphatic system. When pressure is below the valves, the valves open (during acceleration, or as you are rising upward on the bounce). When pressure is above the valves, they stay closed (deceleration).

Are you going to start rebounding? Come by my journal and let me know how it's going. I think I'll do it today and see how it goes.