View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-10, 07:28

Plan: CAD
Stats: 235/221.0/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Losing very slowly and/or gaining!

Hi all

I posted a while back in what I think may have been the wrong section.

I lose a pretty significant amount of weight pretty quickly with my first go around at low carb a few years back. I was on the original version of CAD. Fast forward a few years and I've gained all but about 20lbs of the weight back by simply going off plan. I'm back on CAD now but I'm barely losing anything at all, and in fact I'll sometimes wake in the morning having gained a pound or two. I've been strictly back on CAD since April 7th and haven't even lost 10 lbs yet. When I first started CAD a few years ago I was losing 3-4 lbs a day in the beginning and it was staying off consistently. The difference then was, I was not really exercising. I started working out after I was down about 60lbs and took off about 40 more total.

In the time since I gained the weight back I've come to really enjoy my HIIT cardio workouts 2-3x a week, plus weight training to tone my upper body a bit and some midsection/ab work. Nothing major on the weights but significant enough to sometimes feel a bit of a burn the next day.

As I said, I'm barely losing anything sticking to plan and working out like this. Could exercise be impeding my ability to lose weight? Should I stop working out, stick to plan, and see what happens? Has anyone had any experiences like this?

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links