#20   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 11:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/157.8/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv1984
Does anyone do it on a regular basis. Some people have told me that it definitely burns a lot of calories and helps you lose weight, but other tell me to stick to arobic exercises first. Im considering paying for a few classes so I dont know if i should

I do Yoga at least 3 x / wk. I use videos, specifically, "Yoga Remedies for Natural Healing" with Rodney Yee and a set of four videos with Linda Arkin ( Natural body tune up, Strength, Flexibility, and Relaxation and Rejuvination). I'm not sure that there are too many who are more outspoken about the benefits than me (I'm sure they're out there). I picked up the first video at a second hand store (looking for books) on a whim and it fixed my back! It was before I started this diet and I am more than certain that I would be unable to exercise the way that I do without the help of Yoga. My range of motion is still pretty limited but I take it slow, challenge my body but am also compassionate with it. I LOOOOVVVEEE Yoga It makes me feel AWESOME. I know that it doesn't burn as many calories as aerobic excercise but the long-term benefits outweigh it (nothing wrong with doing both... alternating days). I just can't tell you how much better I feel as I go about my day now that I have discovered Yoga and I would highly recommend it to absolutely everybody.

Happy Journey!