View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 22:25

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Quote:
MizKitty and Kisal - I am so sorry to hear that you both had (and are still having) such a terrible time with the statins. I would possibly be in your company if not for the recent surge in media expose's detailing the side effects and the dangers, because I am supposed to be taking Lipitor right now (but I refused to fill the prescription). I am not sure what I am going to do, if anything - but my total cholesterol is 200 and that is not high, plus I am a woman, and 65 - no benefit possible for me. Whether the doc will listen is another story - if not, he can sue me. I'm not taking it.

Remember - one statin has already been taken off the market (Baycor) and another is under scrutiny now (Vytorin) - let's hope that the rest of them come under fire soon. There is a lot of evidence now, and the media is on it, for once. These drugs are BAD NEWS.
Actually, two were taken off the market, right around the same time. I only remember because my doctor wanted to put me on a statin. My TC was 235, but my HDL was 75. I flat told him no. I wouldn't even ACCEPT the prescription, much less fill it. And remember, the doctor works for YOU. There is no law that says you have to do what he RECOMMENDS. We forget that, because they usually talk to us like we are children. (sometimes we deserve it). But that doesn't change the fact that they are recommending. You don't HAVE to do it. But, I'm very glad you didn't.

And MizKitty and Kisal; I hope you find a solution soon. There has to be something that can reverse this for you. (something natural, of course!)