View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-10, 03:19

Plan: Avoid PUFA, sugar & bread
Stats: 240/210/150 Female 156cm
BF:
Progress: 33%

Thanks all for the replies. I must admit I still do not feel truly convinced

I am now somewhat halfway through my book. Everything that Dr. Schwarzbein has written in chapter I, is simply repeated in the next chapters. It's also a way to get a book filled and thick enough to sell.

I have really understood it, yes, truly. Eat as many proteins and (good) fats and non starchy vegetables as you like, and add 15 grams carbohydrates at each meal.

I get the feeling that doing SP is less a diet and more a leap of faith. You just have to trust her that the carbohydrates you eat will not cause too much of an insuline production. Or is there a way of measuring how much insuline I produce after a meal in a certain combination?
With Atkins, it's easy. Your ketostick tells you that you are doing it as you should. If the stick is pink, you are burning fat.

But with Schwarzbein ketosis is considered "dangerous" (although I have still to read where the danger actually lies). So how do I know for certain that I am doing the diet correctly? The prospect at gaining weight at the start, doesn't appeal much to me, and I have a lot of weight to get rid off.
I know the prime goal of SP is to become healthy. I don't mind becoming healthy, but I would rather see it as a pleasant side-effect to losing weight