View Single Post
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Dec-19-17, 08:01

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Good updated BP summary from DietDoctor. Lifestyle changes work very well, and I'm an example of that. With the new guidelines and an annual appointment coming up in the second week in January, I'm anticipating a conversation about BP medication. This is the same GP who wanted to put me on statins because I have (sarcasm) cholesterol and was over 65. Erring on the side of caution is still an error due to the negative impact of BP meds as we age on those who are mildly higher than the previously recommended standards. I will not back track, because I know all my health markers are very good. My GP is my age, and he likes to quote the relative heart risk calculations as gospel. I like him, but I won't follow his recommendations if I have better information taking into account the whole picture of my health status. No, I don't know more than a doctor in many areas; however, in nutrition and lifestyle, I feel I have a knowledge advantage. I manage the relationship with my GP as a partnership and seriously consider any recommendations to test whether they merit consideration on my part. Some do, some don't, no harm, no foul.