Old Thu, Oct-01-15, 13:03
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 176/176/145 Female 5,9
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojoj
For me when I first started, the best bit was that I could eat as much as I liked - I couldnt have high carb stuff, but I could physically put food in my mouth. It became apparent to me that sugar was an addiction, so just like any other addiction, I could either stay a slave to it and get fatter and fatter, or stop. So I stopped. Its this addiction that prevented me being able to go on a low calorie/low fat diet - whereby I could eat a small amount - duh, I wanted the whole damn bar lol!!!!

I also found that I felt so much healthier by not eating wheat, sugar, carbs.... That in itself was a good enough reason

So thats how I stuck with it. You do have to stick with something, cos if you keep eating as you have to make you increase in weight, then you'll keep getting bigger

Jo xxx

Thanks jo!

Yes, im like that too. Ive NEVER been able to have just one cookie, or just one spoon of ice cream, or just one bite of cake .

My boyfriend, who lives with me and THANKFULLY decided to do this diet with me (because he is a dear and wonderful and even does all the low carb cooking ), isnt like that at all: he has the biggest willpower. He can easily have a box of fancy chocolates and make it last a month! And i cant, lol, thats why i think i got fat: i started living with him in february and thats when i started gaining : he had sweets all the time in his house (when i lived alone, i have none, cause i know how i am) and i couldnt control myself. So i eat and eat and i gained like 20 pounds in two months, much much much more and fast than ever. Before that, i gained those 20 pounds slowly over....6 years!

Anyways, we decided to just drop ALL the sweets and carb from the house and eat all natural-homemade food. You are right, i do feel healthier. Its just sometimes it gets hard.