Thread: after you cheat
View Single Post
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 22:32
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein's Diabetic Solution, LOTS of exercise !!
Stats: 155/148/135
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Carb binge.. that time of the month

Hi, yup been there, just had to get a bigger Tshirt. I find the hormone swing thing is tough. I am an insulin diabetic and that only complicates things.

I have been experimenting with a supplement called Chromium GTF (Glucose Tolerance Factor). I take the tablets (I think they are 50mcg each??) twice a day, morning and night. If you are diabetic be careful, I find they lower the need for insulin.

Anyway, my overall experience with Chromium GTF seems to help curb the carb cravings. Could just be wishful thinking but.... for me it does seem to help.

I am not a medically trained person. Please don't take my experience as gospel truth. It just seems to help me. Like anything else, our bodies are unique and don't always respond to what someone else's will.

I have seen other references on this website regarding this supplement. Try to check them out and make your decision carefully.

I did some research on it and it doesn't seem to be harmful, but..... Once again check it out for yourself.

Hang in there, as a female it is more complicated. Hormones play a great game with our fluctuating cycles.

Best of luck, Take care, AJ