View Single Post
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 07:21

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 277/253/165 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 21%

Different strokes for different folks. Many doctors prescribe it for weight loss in PCOS patients...doctors also prescribe it for infertility as well. It has multiple uses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafferBabe

I'm not here to judge but I was quite surprised to see that some people take Glucophage for the sole purpose of losing weight. I have developed Type II diabetes and had to take 6 x 500mg per day for roughly 18 - 22 months. During the last two years I have gained close to 100lbs. Yes, I used to binge eat but I was taking 6 tablets per day and gained 100lbs.

Since starting Atkins I've binned the Glucophage. My blood sugar levels are normal and I have lost 22lbs in one month! I guess what I'm trying to say is that low-carbing alone works great for weight loss I was over the moon when I binned the Glucophage because as with all other medicines there are serious risks involved I was also always under the impression that oral diabetes drugs may increase heart-related mortality. I'm no doctor but if you can lose the weight without taking the tablets (doing low-carbing of course) I think it's best