Old Wed, Jan-05-11, 18:37
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles
I have gotten to goal twice and each time the further up the carb ladder I went, the less veggies I would eat. I really am determined this time to do my best to keep the 2 cups of induction salad in my daily diet at the very least.

I'm curious to know 1) how long have you been maintaining and 2) do you pretty consistently eat that 2 cup salad each day? 3) What do you do to keep from getting bored with it? 4) Why do you think it's important?

Thank you!

I've been maintaining my weight loss for the past 5 yrs.
While I may not a a salad daily, I do eat some kind of veggie each day, either cooked into a soup or roasted or steamed. I do love a good salad and save many leftovers to use in them the next day as a meal.

I can't really say that I am ever bored with any aspect of my food. Truth be told, if I have a desire for something, I find a way to have it. I've found recipes and made up my own for tastes that make me happy.

One other thing is that I am very consistent with the food I eat. I don't waver much at all.... looking for the next best diet fad. I used to live like that!!
I've created a food plan for myself as I was losing my weight and it has stood up to the test of time. I'm always looking for a new idea though and am still learning how to cook.

Last night, I pan fried a wild salmon steak(in a szechuan sauce) and had it with roasted brussel sprouts..... I actually love eating this way.
The other night, I had a rare steak and garlic mock mashed....to die for!!!

Tonight I'm going to sautee up onions, peppers and mushrooms in crushed red pepper, garlic and evoo. Then I wilt a bag of spinach into it and bake it all into a frittata. Thats good for several meals.

I think that eating some kind of veggies daily is a good part of a balanced eating plan. It gives me lots of variety in my diet and it does help me from getting bored.

Hope this helps!