#13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-17, 05:51

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
This doesn't not bode well for us doing n=1 experimentation and interpreting the results if this is true and we're not good scientists. I'm not sure about you others but I'm a pretty terrible scientist. However, I have change the way I eat and a certain results have precipitated, I think, mainly on account of diet. Why or exactly How or Why, I'll leave to experts.

For now I'll continue to base my diet around saturated fat, basic above ground vegetables, a few nuts and meat and keep an ear to the ground, ready to consider convincing evidence that there may be a long term problem with this approach that's not evident today.

Anyway, off to warm in the morning sunrise in the Northern Hemisphere of planet Earth.

The mistake we make as n=1 experimenters is to both believe everything we think (this is working and this is the reason why) and to then generalize our results to everyone else (because it worked for me it will work for you). n=1 experiments are valuable as long as you don't assume that you have discovered some universal truth. Even in the lofty realms of science n=1 experiments have revealed some important knowledge when done with extreme care and understanding but that does not mean our n=1 experiments fall into that category. So carry on but be cautious with how you interpret your results.

Jean