#2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 03:13
Registered Member

Plan: ProteinPower/Body-for-Life
Stats: 215/181.5/130
BF:47%/38%/18%
Progress: 39%
Post Hydrostatic Weight Tests

After all that I still forgot something!

I wanted to share, for anyone who is interested, some info on hydrostatic weight tests. They really aren't as expensive or inaccessible or annoying as you might think! When my friend/trainer INSISTED that I have it done before beginning Challenge One, I was kinda put off by the idea. But it's actually quite straightforward.

Your local university--and it seems like there are universities almost everywhere in this hemisphere!--can have you in and out fairly quickly. And it was MUCH less expensive than I would have thought. I chose the University of Illinios at Chicago, because they were conveniently located, and they were $5 bucks cheaper than most of the competition in this area.

The Human Performance Lab at UIC

UIC charges $40 bucks. So, that's $40 bucks once every 13 weeks. And who knows? It might be even less expensive in your area... It's definitely MORE expensive than buying a set of calipers--which I've been told ARE pretty accurate--so this may not interest you. But, I figured that SOMEONE might benefit from this info, so I just wanted to let you know!

But they also offer lots of other groovy tests. I'm going to have the Resting Metabolic Rate evaluation done after Challenge Three, just to see where they say my metabolism is...

Trilbe