View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 14:59

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 230/165/160 Male 67
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default Fat Percentage

I have started keeping track of my calorie percentages. I have seen some suggestions that a LCHF diet should be around 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs. I am not too concerned about hitting that target, but I am keeping track to better understand the effect of changes to my diet. Right now, I seem to be around 50% fat, but I am wondering if I am counting correctly. For example, if I have a meal of 80/20 beef, broccoli and cheddar cheese, the labels show a that to be 433 total calories, 281 fat calories, 112 protein calories and 10 carb calories. or 65% fat, 26% protein and 2% carbs. In this example, I am browning the beef and then adding the broccoli to the pan. I then add the cheese in the bowl. If you are still reading after all that, here is the question. I am not adding any grease, but the grease from the 80/20 ground beef gets picked up by the broccoli and and eaten. So when the package says 280 calories and 200 fat calories, does that include the exuded grease in the pan, or does that assume it gets thrown out. If it does not include that grease, the total calories would be more like 533 with fat calories 381, which would make the fat percentage closer to 71%. Probably not important, but if I am going to keep track, I want to be accurate.
Sponsored Links