#12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-14, 07:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I've informally studied the "bariatric surgery" phenomenon for years, and it creates this same kind of trap. Though assertions like this at least point out we can get the short-term, diabetes, results without such drastic steps.

I had been casually acquainted with a couple, lovely people whose BBQ's were absolutely hellish for me. It was a potluck situation, and I discovered the fruit salad I had brought, and the hot dogs and frozen beef patties on the grill, were literally the only foods at this event which were not 90% carbs.

And my hosts and their guests were also, you know, 90% carbs.

So I was sadly not surprised when I found out a few years later that both my hosts had had gastric bypass, that it "stopped working," and they had given up on food-based solutions to their health woes; which were apparently considerable.

This leads me to believe that moving away from gastric surgery for weight loss can only be a good thing. From my observations, it's about 10% success, 80% backsliding, and 10% deadly.

I dont know much about bariatric surgery, but apparently, the stomach restretches after a while and of course it doesnt prevent sugary drinks - in fact I've heard of someone who used to liquidise mars bars to help her to still have her fix

Jo xxx