View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 14:44

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

I have just re-read this entire thread. My feelings about the book (I've just finished reading it) are:

1. It confirms my take on eating the paleo way, whole, unprocessed foods but with the addition of dairy. I don't like her reference to tofu though.
2. I loved the comment on fat. If you can't step on it without leaving a greasy mark, it's not suitable for consumption as a healthy fat.
3. I agree with the author about sleep because it makes sense.
4. I love her references to all the low carb ways of eating.

I am going to re-read the book again because I still need to absorb and better understand a few things. I have implemented the going to bed early plan and have added a black plastic shower curtain over my curtain in my bedroom. Luckily (or unluckily), we cannot open our windows in the winter due to the cold and an open window would mean hot water pipes bursting and flooding the apartments. Getting to bed early 7 months of the year will require some sacrifice in that the only life we will have in the evening is shopping for food on the way home from work, preparing supper, doing the dishes and literally falling into bed for the night. So much for hobbies, entertainment, social life. Since I get up at 5:30 a.m. I have to be in bed by at least 8 p.m. So do I opt for a longer life without a life for 7 months of the year, or do I get less sleep, resulting in a shorter life but one that is fuller? That's one decision I need to make.