#100   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-12, 20:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW2010
Thanks for the welcome! I never thought I would be into running, so this is all new to me. lol. Once I started though, I caught the bug and just feel so great when I finish a run.
Yay, the running bug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW2010
I've only run outside, but since I live in MN I don't have much time left before it gets really cold, snowy and icy. Do you guys find much of a difference between treadmill running and pavement running?
Physically, there's not a huge difference for me between the treadmill and running outside. There is a big mental difference, though. That said, I can't beat the treadmill for speed training. Just make sure that you have some awesome music or something to listen to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraTea
I will definitely be running the next nearby half marathon i see whether it's this year or next spring. i'm entering a turkey trot 5k this month as well for fun. i like mingling with other runners. with my schedule, it can be hard to meet people.

i say you should pick your ideal marathon and make it your goal. maybe it won't happen this year or next year, but someday. there are so many awesome sounding marathons out there.
Looking forward to hearing about your half!

There are awesome sounding marathons out there! And ultras do sound pretty cool, too. My only personal concern would be damaging my body (I do not have a distance runner's physique), so I really want to do more research before going beyond a half.

Do any of you participate in winter sports? I was thinking that cross country skiing or snowshoeing might be good alternatives to outdoor long runs. I don't really know!

Happy running!