#36   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 10:51

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 308/247.5/182 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Thanks for the welcome Holly, Chantel.

About me:
I just turned 33. Married with 2 daughters ages 4 and 17 months. I do computer programming so I'm not that active. I try to get out on the weekends when the wife and kids permit. I bought a trailer that I can hook to my bike so I can take the kids with me, but it hasn't been used in a while. I need to do that more.

I started atkins because I was over weight. But I also learned that my blood sugar was high and was borderline diabetic... I've since been diagosed with it, but need to follow up with the Dr. to see how messed up I am. But that kinda gave me a big push.

I was proud of myself last night. It's been hard to do this WOE with my wife/kids. It's too easy for someone to want something full of sugar and for me to give in. But last night I didn't give in. That dougnut sure looked good and it was calling my name, but somehow I stayed the course. That was a major accomplishment for me.

Today I'm just keepin on. Stepped on the scale this morning and was 3 lbs lighter than yesterday, but I figure that's a fluke.

Holly - My prayers to you and your family.