View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 15:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 7 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Welcome!!! I'm so glad you are here!!! This is my favorite messageboard regarding PCOS and I have been to quite a few since December 1998 when I was first diagnosed!!

I enjoyed reading your story b/c it sounded so much like mine... in a way! I too thought I was lucky to have not been pregnant b/c I wasn't the best with birth control either... LOL!! So, when I got pregnant, boy, was I ever surprised. I never had a period every month. Wow... I kind of though I was lucky b/c I would have a preiod every 3-4 months when I was a teenager and never felt the affects of PMS... So the downside was, I NEVER knew when my period would come which would put me in a bad position once it "all of a sudden" came. Yikes!!

Now, LC'ing is been rewarding for me. It's difficult in the beginning... but I feel so much better now after being on it since the middle of January. You can do it and I will do the LC'ing with you!! Drink lots of cold water!! Eat lots of your favorite meats!! I think that's good for starters anyway! Start throwing away your sugary stuff... and replace it with veggies. Celery stalks are one of my favorite veggies now b/c the carbs are practically nil. So, I eat that with 2 tbsp of peanut butter. It's good and fills you up! Also, eating a few eggs in the morning fills you up too! That's what I have been doing so far...

Again, welcome! So gald you're here!

Christy