View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 19:08

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all...

Very busy. Full days on site this week, almost every day. No energy for personals, which I usually enjoy the most. I am finding that the demands on my energies right now have quite changed in this period of transition. I must keep my attitude tip top and a smile on my face, even though I feel the rug has been pulled out from underneath me. This is exhausting to me.

So, just checkin' in.

Did want to say to Nic, I appreciate you dropping the Leanne Vogel resource and the concept of "carb ups." So I went and watched a couple of her videos. She's quirky and fun.

I KNOW by carb ups, she doesn't mean naughty carb extravaganzas, and she makes that quite clear. But what I identified with is sometimes, like her, I just need some carbs. Yeah, I know, we're not supposed to say that, but I do. I have experienced this before. Doesn't happen often, but I know it when I feel it.

Case in point, yesterday I had an intense and vexing edit. I had not slept well at all the night before, like maybe 3 hours of real good sleep. I arrived on the job feeling so depleted---can't think of a better word--- in a way I knew that only carbs would answer to. I ordered a cheeseburger on a freaking bun and French fries for lunch. Felt 100% better after lunch. Was back on plan by dinner.

No, this cannot become a lifestyle for me ever again. But it was a relief to hear someone who has been and is a LC/Keto gal say sometimes, she just needs some carbs. And not need in the way of mind hunger or for the fun of it, just something in the body that says, NEED. Some on LC never experience this, but I do and have.

No permission slip to myself, and NOT making excuses for it. It's the way I felt and I trust that. Back on plan today thru a long shoot with the usual craft table of endless carbs. Didn't touch one of them. Had a salad for lunch, meme's fried chicken for dinner with some LC slaw.

Anywho, thanx Nic for the intro to her. LOL, I know she didn't mean cheese burger and French fries---she seems to go carb crazy on kale and beets, w/some rice and potatoes thrown in. Whatever. I DO feel the need for carbs sometimes...beyond a paltry 20 NCs. Not often, but it was a relief to find that as a LC gal I was not the only one to feel that way.

K-mom---going to drop out of the water challenge for the rest of the week, but will keep up as best as I can. Just too much on my plate right now, can't deal with it. Will hopefully be back next week!